Posted: 22 November, 2017
Location: Downtown Milwaukee
Salary: 10 USD/hour
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware.
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Clean shrimp, poultry, beef and pork to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Prepare a variety of foods, such as meats, vegetables, desserts, according to customers' orders or supervisors' instructions, following approved procedures.
- Wash, peel, and cut various foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Use manual or electric appliances to clean, peel, slice, and trim foods.
- Cut, slice or grind meat, poultry, and seafood to prepare for cooking.
- Make special dressings and sauces as condiments for sandwiches.
- Stir and strain sauces.
- Take and record temperature of food and food storage areas such as refrigerators and freezers.
- Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed, and provide cooks with needed items.
- Keep records of the quantities of food used.
- Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
- Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
- Weigh and measure ingredients.
- Stock cupboards and refrigerators.
- Inform supervisors when equipment is not working properly and when food and supplies are getting low, and order needed items.
- Place food trays over food warmers for immediate service, or store them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
- Mix ingredients for green salads, molded fruit salads, vegetable salads, and pasta salads.
- Portion and wrap the food, or place it directly on plates for service to patrons.
- Distribute food to wait staff to serve to customers.
- Package take-out foods or serve food to customers.
- Prepare and serve a variety of beverages such as coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
- Operate cash register, handle money, and give correct change.
- Scrape leftovers from dishes into garbage containers.
- Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers.
- Clean, sweep, and mop dining area, kitchen floor, and bathroom.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Perform other duties as assigned by the team lead/manager.
- Free Meal
- Free/Discounted Parking
- Family Discounts Available
- Flexible Hours
- Employee Referral Bonus
Requirements: No restaurant experience and skills are required for this position. Must demonstrate positive attitude, team player, and willingness to learn. Provide three references from non-family members.